Saturday, January 2, 2010

Once upon a time

A long time ago, in an Internet far, far away, there was a blog called Madame Fabulous Speaks Out. It had a not unsubstantial following based on several things.
  • The writer had a knack for attracting witty gay men with strong blog followings of their own (and having the nickname of Madame Fabulous certainly helped).
  • The writer got involved in a few Internet dust-ups from time to time.
  • Some of the stuff was actually pretty good.
However, the writer (that would be me) started pandering. I became more attached to statistics than just saying what I was thinking. That was bad. Pandering makes for poor politics and personal pontification (but occasionally adequate assonance). And I started writing for a living and got worried that what I was thinking shouldn't interfere with what I was doing, if that makes sense. Which is does. To me.

Anyway, I'm a believer in listening to the Universe. The Universe and I are close personal friends, and the Universe said to me in the last number of days, "MadFab," it said, "Maybe you should get back to writing for you again."

And so I am.

I'll probably get addicted to statistics again. I'm like that. But in the meantime, here I am. Let's talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment